How to become a male model? Are you looking for the requirements for a male model? Do you want to be a successful model or you can’t decide where to start? If so, you’ve landed on the right track.
How to become a male model? Here you go.
If you have a clear concept about male model requirements it must help you to know about how to become a male model.
All you need to do is follow a few simple steps for the requirements to be a male model. And everything would run just like a perfect machine.
To be a male model doesn’t mean you’ve got a free passing ticket in the best party of New York City. Infect, it requires TONS of efforts, hard work, dedication, and sincerity, etc.
The model career costs a lot of work, motivation and a great sense of business.
If you want a win-win situation, you have to buckle down and be serious.
Entering into the model industry is not as difficult as a female entrance because they always need to fulfill very strict physical requirements.
Requirements for a male model! Please watch this video. Hopefully, you must learn the best information about male model requirements and enjoy!
If you think you have a good physical appearance and you have a long-cherished dream to be a model and parade on the best catwalks, then we’ll help you how to start the complicated work.
The Requirements for a Male Model That You Shouldn’t Miss
The Standards of the male fashion industry
When it comes to appearance, male models have a little bit of flexibility rather than female models. But, a lot of common rules you have to follow if you want to be one of them.
If you’re a good looking guy and would like to know how to become a male model, check out the male model requirements:
- Standards Male modeling height range 5.11 “- 6.2”.
- The perfect age of male and female age: 16
- Where the female model mostly retires at the age of 25, male models can work until they are 50.
- Male from 15 to 25 years old is counted as a young man in the market.
- Male from 25 to 35 years old represents the adult men in the market.
- The usual weight in men varies from 63 to 73 kg, but this will depend on your body structure.
- The average measurements range from 40 normal sizes to 42 long sizes.
- Generally, you can’t keep the excessive hair in the chest and arms. Get ready to shave before you continue in this race.
Decide what type of models you want to be
The modeling type you follow can influence the way you look for a job, the type of photos you take to get a job, and the approach you take when you start your career as a model.
For example, you have to follow the various standards look like a catwalk model instead of a catalog one that shows a realistic view of the male model.
Here we present some types of modeling that you can follow:
- The models promote clothes.
- High fashion models work with famous houses or fashion definers.
- Editorial models only work for specific publications.
- The catwalk models work in fashion shows.
- The models of exhibitions show clothes at fashion parties or boutiques.
- Commercial models make photographs for magazines, newspapers, posters, and articles for printing advertising.
- Catalog models are hired to appear in catalogs.
- The promotional models work in conventions or fairs.
- Specialized models focus on a part of their bodies such as hands, legs, hair or feet.
- The function of the character models is to represent ordinary people.
- Glamorous modeling focuses more on the model than on the product itself.
How to become a male model! The most important requirements for male models.
Having a good body and a perfect face doesn’t mean that it’s enough to be a model. There are a lot of requirements you have to achieve such as:
- Union of image, attitude, motivation, and character
- Maturity and personality when taking decisions
- Learn how to invest time and money very well
- Surround yourself with the right people when looking for advice about this industry
- Creation of networks and construction of a fan base
Get a business vision to enhance your chances for press campaigns.
- Creation of a contact agenda
- Availability to travel both nationally and internationally
- Design a business card to deliver to your contacts
How to become a male model! Please read below on male model height
One of the most popular questions we all hear: How tall should a male model be?
It fully depends on the type of modeling. High fashion modeling requires tough guidelines. Male usually should be between 6 feet and 6 feet with 2 inches. Actually, it somewhat depends on the agency.
Besides, commercial models need to be high requirements. But, fitness and real-life models are selected according to their characteristics, not by their height.
How to become a male model! Please follow other requirements for a male model
Now what we’re going to see is a wide range of requirements. Although they’re not official, they can be the advice any agency company will provide you if you want to be successful in this field.
- Follow a good diet.
You should have a good diet balance. Your physical appearance is so important for your work. So, take care of yourself. Don’t expect the miracle diet only based on a few foods.
Always, follow a healthy and balanced diet with some kinds of foods like vegetables, fruits, meat, and fish.
Anytime, if you lose weight, you should consult with a nutritionist professional and he/she would advise you to be the healthiest one.
- Practice exercise
As you’re following a healthy lifestyle, you have to be careful about playing sports in the right way. We just want to say that we don’t advise you only to concentrate on some parts of the body.
You can exercise everything to show off a harmonic lathe. The best thing you should do is ask for advice from an expert like coacher.
- Stop thinking about yourself
When you’re fully devoted to modeling lifestyle, stop thinking of your personal life. Focus on modeling lifestyles. Before becoming a model or during the process you have a lot of time to analyze yourself.
Find out your weakness and strengths. If you have a minor weakness, try to recover it.
One of the most fundamental steps you have to give equal importance is professionalism. Sacrifice yourself in absolute professionalism.
Your future will fully depend on it and you’ll never know who can be present at any time and take note of your attitude.
- Respect and dedication
Making space in the world of fashion and getting recognition, you badly need respect dedication, effort, and other work as well. Anyway, we just want to say you should be consistent with your work.
Don’t neglect any aspect. But, keep in mind don’t be discouraged if you don’t find the opportunities that you’re looking for. You must be ready for the rejection as it’s a normal issue.
You know it’s REALLY a competitive world and everyone is equally giving their tied hands.
- Physical attributes
The physical appearance is one of the best things you need to own. For the male model, the height requirement should be between 6 feet and 6 feet with 2 inches. Models also need to have a firm body.
But, prominent muscles in arms and legs aren’t recommended as they will be covered by cloths. Clean skin and straight teeth are required.
What agencies look at the requirements for a male model?
What agencies look for male models is optimal physical health; bright eyes, white teeth good skin. A healthy body is so important. No one will get the work as a model if he doesn’t take care of himself.
Body confidence is the second requirement. It’s so important because without it you won’t be able to reach the top position as you’ll be shown in front of the camera.
Finally, the male model should be open-minded. If you’re willing to take on any project you’ll be given, your modeling door will flourish very soon.
For example, as a male model, you have to take the makeup. You will be glad to know that you’ll be asked to take makeup to make a flawless finish. But if you’re not opened to take makeup, the photography teams will get a tough situation to work with you.
How to become a male model? Make a professional book
- Find out a photographer who has a quality price relationship.
- You have to ensure that the picture you take covers your face and many full-body photos.
- That the photos are excellent and include your entire body in underwear with a shirt.
- Take an additional photo with casual clothes and another with more serious clothes or a suit.
- Always look for comfortable prints.
Find an agent to represent you (or a modeling agency)
- Start an online search.
- Keep your photo book prepared.
- Face interviews with agencies that have a good reputation.
- Talk to other models and pay attention to those who recommend you.
We believe that good look, good health, strong poses, and an open mind are key factors for beginning a modeling career. Although some agencies have specific heights in mind or some photographers request a man with a certain body type, these are some of the key requirements for a male model.