Men’s Casual fashion is very popular all over the world. Most of the men love to wear casual dress at home. Today we will cover briefly about men’s casual fashion tips that are helpful for all fashion lovers.
Men’s Fashion Jeans
What’s Your Type?
Our universal love of denim cannot be understated. Everybody loves a pair of jeans. Men choose jeans as trousers not only for the comfort factor but also as a means of defining their style or adhering to the latest fashion trend. With so many different types to choose from, ask yourself which denim design would you pick. Please follow the below men’s casual fashion tips which are very much helpful for a casual fashion lover.
The Baggy Boxer: First seen on screen in the 90s film Clueless, these jeans are baggy, low-slung, and generally worn so far down that boxer shorts are visible for all to see. These are the epitome of laid-back cool. They are so popular that they represent a key feature of many different men’s styles from hip-hop stars to surfers and skateboarders. Wear for the instant chill factor, yet avoid job interviews or meeting the in-laws.
The Raving Retros: Beloved by many a rock star, these skinny jeans were first seen by Kate Moss and her band of followers in 2005. Now more and more boys are turning to this rather feminine style of jeans for a sexy yet quirky look. Wear your skinnies with a slouchy cardigan or a blazer and if you’re feeling really brave then add some crazy hair and black eyeliner.
Youth Rebellion: Take style tips from James Dean with this look. These are the not-too-baggy and not-too-skinny more wearable styles of jeans. Wear with a leather jacket for an instant rebel without a cause image. Or pair it with a smart white or pinstriped shirt for the man-about-town wow factor.
Don’t-Go-There: Where to start?
Even the most successful TV stars make fashion faux pas when it comes to choosing a pair of jeans. Jeans that are acid-washed, tapered in at the bottom, bell-bottomed, extremely ripped and ragged, and high-waisted up to the armpits, should be a no-go zone.
Simon Cowell and Jeremy Clarkson should take note. Jeans really can go wrong, wrong, wrong but if you avoid such disasters an array of different, hip, and modern styles await your choosing. What’s more, you needn’t spend a fortune – established high-street stores such as New Look offer stylish men’s jeans.
What are the best Men’s Fashion Jeans?
How To Find The Perfect Jeans
We asked hundreds of guys what their favorite article of clothing in their wardrobe was and not at all surprising to us their answer was Jeans.
So we asked our fashion guy and resident stylist to give us some pointers on how to find the perfect pair of jeans.
Here is what he has to say about Men’s fashion Jeans. What are the best Men’s Fashion Jeans?
The Main Styles of Fashion Jeans: Read below to learn about men’s casual fashion tips.
1) Baggy – The major appeal of baggy jeans is the comfort. So, if you’re looking for a pair of jeans in which to hang around your apartment go to a movie, or spend the day in the park, baggies are a great choice. You have to be careful while shopping for baggy jeans to pay attention to your look height and size. Baggy jeans can make guys who are on the slim side look slimmer and guys on the bigger side look a little bigger.
2) Carpenter/worker – Fashion Guy tells us these are not the best in a fashion choice they are great for exactly what they are called worker jeans. They are best worn on the construction site, or while painting or working on your house or boat. You will get the most comfort from these men’s fashion jeans .. but not the most style.
3) Relaxed/loose fit – Loose-fit jeans offer the best of both worlds for men; they’re comfortable, but also look good. Relaxed jeans are perfect for running weekend errands, or out on a casual afternoon date. Relaxed/loose-fit jeans look great with a cool tee shirt or loose button-down shirt.
4) Boot cut – The Boot cut is by far our favorite cut. It is sexy and classy. The fit is very attractive worn with a tighter-fitting shirt. The perfect date or night on the town Jean. This pair of jeans looks great with a casual jacket and boots.
There are a few others, the Tapered Leg or Euro look, the Retro look these are great jeans if you are going to a club or concert you will not get the most comfort or versatility out of these jeans, they are very trendy and trends like this go in and out.
Dress up black jeans for a date with a light blue or gray sweater and black shoes, and be sure to pick up your date gorgeous flowers to add that special touch. Always wear black shoes or boots with your black jeans.
Men’s Neckties Classic Twist On The Shirt and Tie!
Style + Tech For Men: Clothes
If you’re still taking your cues from the pop-culture icons of “Mad Men” and “Hawaii Five-0,” you might want to reset your style dial to 2011. Jessica Pastor, a top Hollywood men’s fashion consultant who works with Kevin Connolly of “Entourage” — among other celebs — would like to loop you into an old-is-new style: trendy shirt-and-tie combinations.
These days, there’s less rigidity to the button-down look, giving you more options and freedom of expression — without fear of breaking unwritten codes. For instance, Ryan Gosling sports skinny ties, while Mark Wahlberg’s signature is ’70s-style wide ties.
“Right now, we’re seeing thinner ties, and it’s been like that for the last three years,” says Pastor. “But leading fashion companies like Zegna, Ralph Lauren, and Giorgio Armani are starting to revisit thicker ties in men’s neckties styles.”
Deciding on width depends on the look you’re trying to achieve or the statement you want to make. “When you wear a thinner tie, it feels a bit more youthful,” says Pastor. “Carrying off a thicker tie adds a bit of sophistication and old-school style.”
She also suggests taking your build into account. “If you’re broader in the shoulders, or on the shorter side, a thick tie isn’t going to do you any favors,” she says. “Conversely, if you’re built like a bear, a skinny tie will just look disproportionately silly.” Face it, fellas: Length matters, so be sure to wear the tie so the bottom of the wide front hits just above your belt buckle.
“If you’re short, there’s nothing wrong with buying in the teen section, as you can find better fits and better prices,” Pastor advises. “If you’re tall, try one on by Armani, Zegna, or Hugo Boss.”
When it comes to shirts, a good fit is critical. “The standard shirt has a 32-inch arm length, but if you ask, you can get longer ones,” Pastor says.
Made-to-measure is a great way to go because you get a perfect fit every time. Here, the expectation is for the shirt to fit you, not the other way around. Kevin Connelly is a fan of Anton Custom Shirts ($165), but we also like Roger Charles ($180) and Ascot Chang ($150).
“It’s all about proportion,” says Pastor. “In addition to your build, you want to balance the lapel width, and the width of the tie along the collar length. Tom Ford and Armani both make longer shirt collars to accommodate their wider ties.”
Here’s where you can get creative: With basics out of the way, the next thing to focus on is solids vs. patterns. Those with more classic tastes might opt for both a solid shirt and a tie. This combo produces a strong, traditional, can’t-miss look. We’re not talking about the Ninja-looking novelty black shirt, black tie, and black suit that prehistoric Regis Philbin rocked five years ago. We prefer the contrast of a dark tie against a lighter background — or vice versa.
But if you’re the type to go against the grain, you might want to sample the bold, Brit-inspired patterned tie and patterned shirt combo. “A lot of guys are afraid of patterned ties, but you can feel confident with a patterned number from Etro or Paul Smith tie,” says Pastor. “However, if you want to play it safe, wear it with a solid shirt.”
If you want to push the individuality meter, try turning heads with tie jewelry. While Americans may think this looks more like Dracula than Details, Europeans have successfully embraced it for years. “Tie clips, bars, and pins smarten up any outfit,” says Pastor. “The rule of thumb is to ensure you’ve got an appropriate jacket to pull the look together.”
If you’re a more downtown dude, Pastor urges you to not be afraid to add a casual touch with a shirt and tie combined with khakis, jeans, or even sneakers.
Casual Friday … What’s Acceptable
Casual Friday has come to be known as business casual some companies are now blurring the lines to business professional attire for their employees.
Casual Friday … What’s Acceptable
Now what does all this mean to you?
Let’s break down what is acceptable in the workforce on ” Casual Fridays” and what is not.
What to Wear to the Office
1) A nice button-down shirt, long sleeve or short, polo shirt or pullover, knits, linen or cotton.
2) Khaki pants, What is a Khaki pant- closely twilled cloth of linen or cotton, dyed a dust color. Gabardine trousers are also a good choice.
3) Closed-toe shoes or boots, and sandals are acceptable in warmer climates, a sneaker would be considered casual.
4) Sports jacket in heavy cotton or linen fabric. A two-button sports jacket in blue or tan or shades of brown as a variation on a black blazer.
5) Casual work days are a good day to try out a favorite new conversation tie, a new hat, or a button-down vest.
What Not To Wear On Casual Friday
1) Beach wear, shorts, tank tops, or flip flops keep them for weekends
2) Club wear or what you would wear to a party
3) Jeans, best not to wear them with all the other comfort choices but this depends on the rules for your particular office, some fashion-forward workplaces, or advertising agencies accept this look.
4) Sweat pants or shirts, sports tee shirts, or rock tee shirts unless it is a cool look with a jacket and is acceptable in your office if your office has an artsy vibe.
5) Backpacks are not for the office, keep them for your weekend adventures.
Fashion Guy’s Top Men’s Casual Fashion Tips
1) Go to the office and dress as if you never knew when a client would show up at the door unexpectedly.
2) Always be well groomed, with no funky facial hair, and hair neat and trimmed even if the style is longer.
3) Keep your appearance neat, pants not dragging the floor, neat pleats, shirts tucked in, belt, and accessories.
4) Well-manicured hands and fingernails.
5) Even when dressing casually, dress for success
* Don’t dress for work situations like you are going to a concert, or ballgame, or chilling on a weekend.
Men’s Fashion Magazines
The Top Men’s Fashion Magazines those extremely helpful for learning Men’s casual fashion tips
There are many fashion magazines out there .. but which ones are at the top of their game?
What do you look for in your favorite publication?
There are some great online men’s mags, we will introduce you to the ones making a splash!
- GQ has to be the go-to for men’s fashion.
- GQ is under the umbrella of Conde’ Nast Publications.
We like GQ Magazine it always delivers a fresh new outlook on fashion while keeping up on all the latest trends, GQ online offers some extras like the shows and background details with live video streams.
“Gentlemen’s Quarterly” was launched in 1957 in the United States as Apparel Arts, a fashion quarterly for men that was published for many years in association with Esquire. Apparel was dropped from the logo in 1958 with the spring issue after nine issues, according to Wikipedia.
Casual Friday … What’s Acceptable
- Editor – Jim Nelson
- Categories – Men’s
- Frequency – Monthly
- Circulation – 788,851 (2003)
- First issue 1957
- Company – Conde’ Nast Publications
- Country – United States
- Language – English
- Website – men.style.com/gq
GQ brings to its readers articles on food, movies, fitness, music, travel, sports, technology, and books (Gentlemen’s Quarterly) a monthly men’s magazine focusing on fashion and style. You could learn also briefly about men’s casual fashion tips.
Some Other Brands or sister sites under Conde’ Nast include:
- Men’s Vogue
- Architectural Digest
- Modern Bride
- Vanity Fair
- Bon Appétit
- Condé Nast Traveler
- Condé Nast Portfolio
- The New Yorker